Things to do
I’m going to have a bunch of days off soon, and there’s some stuff I would like to get done. LET ME TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT.
- have a garden party It will probably end up being indoors, because the outdoorsy area at my house is somewhat upsetting, but there will be tea and children’s stories.
- catch up on Vlogbrothers videos I haven’t watched any of their stuff for months now. Shame on me.
- draw something Or perhaps a few things. What, I haven’t decided.
- paint something See above.
- write some poems I usually don’t try writing poems, but I’ll keep an eye out for poetry-inspiring things over the next couple of weeks.
- clean my room I haven’t cleaned it properly in Quite Some Time. Yeah.
- clean the whole house! Or, I mean, just the bathrooms. Why am I the only one who thinks the bathrooms are nasty?
- read, read, read I keep starting more books without finishing other ones, so I have a pile of unfinished books of various kinds. I plan to finish some of them over the next fortnight.
- write, write, write Besides poetry, I will also be writing in my journal and in my ~writer’s journal~ for my creative writing class. There’s also a story I want to write, and I’ll make an effort to make time for it.
- eat less junk food I’ve been eating a lot of prepackaged foods and stuff like pancakes or random handfuls of chocolate chips. It would probably be an okay idea to, um, stop doing that.
- bake something This may completely disagree with the previous idea, but…shut up.
- send a few letters I kind of just want to send people stuff in the mail. I also need to mail my old Preserve toothbrush back so it can get recycled.
- go for a walk Just because.
Okay. I am going to get started on some of this NOW. I am going to leave the computer right here and go out on the porch with my journal and a sketch pad and some writing/drawing implements, and I will not return until I feel I’ve made some progress.
P.S. I’ve thought of more things to add. (9:49 pm 4/7/12)
- read the newspaper I never do this, but perhaps I should.
- meditate I’ve been meaning to do this for several weeks. I just felt like I needed to take care of other stuff first. So I’ll take care of the other stuff! Huzzah!